Honey Buns are sweet sticky rolls made with honey similar to a cinnamon bun, or are they? I never would have thought to call strips of fabric that measure 1 ½” x width of fabric, a ‘honey bun’ but that is exactly what Moda has done. I guess that’s why I sell and quilt with the fabric and not design it 😉 They are usually sold in packs of 40 that include one of every fabric in a collection, or a group of coordinating fabrics. You can also find them called Skinny Strips.
Benefits of Honey Buns ~
- Ideal for borders, binding, and sashing.
- You can provide the small details to larger projects.
- Ideal for new quilters because it doesn’t require additional cutting supplies.
- Time saver for busy quilters, your cutting is done.
- Economical because there is very little waste.
There are other pre-cuts you can buy, and you can read more about them here.