What is a Charm Pack you ask? Well when it comes to talking about fabric, a charm is a 5” square of fabric, usually sold in packs that include one of every fabric in a collection, or a group of coordinating fabrics. You can also find them in mini size, at 2 ½” square of fabric. They are also called Bali Packs or 5″ Stackers.
Benefits of Charm Packs ~
- This is a wonderful size for making a 9-Patch quilt.
- They work well for beginner projects such as baby quilts, sachets, and bags.
- Save time, you can open and begin sewing right away.
- Are great for making hexagons for English Paper Piecing (EPP).
Benefits of Mini-Charm Packs ~
- Perfect for simple, small projects like a small quilted zipper bag or pencil case.
- An inexpensive way to reference an entire fabric collection.
- They are an excellent way to sample colours inexpensively.
- Save time, open and start designing right away.
- Easy to store and they don’t take up much space.
There are other pre-cuts you can buy, and you can read more about them here.